E-1 Treaty Trader Petitions & E-2 Investor Visa Petitions:
U.S. immigration laws support investors and foreign commerce through E visa category is that it is available to U.S. business entities that are at least 50% owned and controlled by a foreign corporation (or individual) that is a national of a country that has an E visa treaty with the United States. In addition, the individuals that seek entry in E visa status must also be nationals of the treaty country. The E visa is available to persons who will be employed by the U.S. business in an executive, managerial or specialty skills capacity.
The E-1 Visa is issued to persons known as ‘treaty traders.’ A treaty trader is defined as national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation. The applicant should be coming to the US to carry on substantial trade, or to develop and direct the operations of a business in which he or she has invested or will soon invest a substantial amount of capital. He or she must also be a national of a treaty country and must be involved in international trade. The applicants spouse and children may join him or her under the same status. The applicant’s employees, or the employees of the treaty company, may also receive E-1 visas. The applicant must, however, intend to leave the U.S. after the expiration of the E-1 visa.
A substantial advantage of the E visa is that it can be renewed indefinitely as long as the qualifying organization maintains its E visa status. Additionally, dependents of E visa holders may apply for US work authorization. Below is a list of countries that have entered into E-1 & E-2 Treaties with U.S.:

Treaty Countries:
Countries with E-1 Treaties Only:
Bolivia, Estonia, Israel, Brunei, Greece, Latvia, Denmark

Countries with E-2 Treaties Only:
Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Romania, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Senegal, Cameron, Moldova, Slovakia, Congo, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Czech Republic, Panama, Tunisia, Egypt, Poland, Zaire, Grenada, Albania, Armenia, Georgia, Jamaica, Mongolia, Ukraine.

Countries with E-1 and E-2 Treaties:
Argentina, Germany, Oman, Australia, Honduras, Pakistan, Austria, Iran, Paraguay, Belgium, Ireland, Philippines, Bosnia, Italy, Slovenia, Canada, Japan, Spain, Republic of China (Taiwan), Korea, Suriname, Latvia, Colombia, Liberia, Sweden, Costa Rica, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Croatia, Macedonia, Thailand, Ethiopia, Estonia, Trinidad, Tobago, Mexico, Togo, Finland, Netherlands, Turkey, France, Norway, Yugoslavia, United Kingdom.

Please note that the above listed information is not intended to be a substitute for specific legal advice regarding an individual matter. We strongly encourage you to work closely with qualified legal counsel when pursuing any immigration benefits. If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact our office via phone at (408) 567-9445 or via email at info@psimmlaw.com