Adjustment of Status Petition (Form I-485): 
Adjustment of Status is suitable for foreign nationals who had made a lawful entry to the U.S., and wish to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S. You are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. in the following circumstances:
If you have an approved immigrant petition, as the spouse of a U.S. citizen, parent of a U.S. citizen, or an unmarried child of a U.S. citizen.
If some else if or had filed a petition for you that, if approved, will make an immigrant number immediately available to you. These are applications for immediate relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military petitions.
If you were admitted into the United States as a fiancé of a U.S. citizen and married that citizen within the required 90 days.
If you are an asylee or refugee, and have an approved immigrant petition.
If you are a Cuban citizen or native, one year after you have been inspected and admitted or paroled into the U.S.
If you have been a continuous resident of the United States since before January 1,1972.
If your parent became a lawful permanent resident after you were born.
If you spouse became a lawful permanent resident after you were married.

Please note that the above listed information is not intended to be a substitute for specific legal advice regarding an individual matter. We strongly encourage you to work closely with qualified legal counsel when pursuing any immigration benefits. If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact our office via phone at (408) 567-9445 or via email at