- The Law Firm of Payal Singh provides business visa processing for short-term assignments that do not involve local employment. The B-1 visa is allowed for the following purpose:
- To attend professional or business conferences, workshops, seminars, or meeting as a member of the Board of Directors of a U.S. corporation.
- To attend scientific, educational, professional, business or religious conventions.
- To investigate the possibility of setting up U.S. subsidiary of a foreign corporation or to make an investment.
- To participate in commercial transactions not involving gainful employment, such as negotiating contracts, litigation, and consulting with clients or business professionals.
- The render professional services in the U.S., but who are paid for those services by an entity outside the U.S.
- To bring foreign guest lecturers or speakers by U.S. Universities.
- To bring personnel of a foreign company to the U.S. to install or service equipment pursuant to a contract of sale or to provide after sales service and support.
- By U.S. companies to bring business/professional consultants from abroad for training or expert advice.
- As personal/domestic servant of B, E, F, H, I, J, L, O, P, Q or R visa holder, provided employee can show no intent to abandon foreign residence.
- Professional athletes to participate in a tournament, and who receive no salary in the U.S.
- Foreign medical student seeking “elective clerkship” without remuneration.
- Commercial Truck Drivers engaged in only in international hauling.
Please note that the above list is not an all-inclusive list, but is only representative of the various categories of persons that may qualify for the B-1 visa.
Please note that the above listed information is not intended to be a substitute for specific legal advice regarding an individual matter. We strongly encourage you to work closely with qualified legal counsel when pursuing any immigration benefits. If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact our office via phone at (408) 567-9445 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org